Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's the one that say's Bad Mother F*cker!

In class this week we discussed how The Empire Strikes Back defined Generation X. Chuck made the argument that Luke Skywalker was the quintessential Gen Xer due to his outlook on life. He is a whiny kid who has knowledge in things that would have no practical purpose in the real world. Chuck argues that these views are mirrored in the movie Reality Bites. I think that every generation can pick a movie that defines them and my generation is no different.

I think that one of the movies that defined my generation is Pulp Fiction. I think that this movie is one of the greatest of all time and it would be hard to find many people from my generation who haven't seen it. My friends and I watched it in the theater multiple times and would quote from it incessantly. It immediately altered the way that people talked and acted. Everyone wanted to be like the characters in that movie. They were so cool! It also changed the way that new film makers looked at movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment